Saturday, June 23, 2012

New parakeets

On the 20th of June, April, EmmaLee, Mom, John, Olivia and me... all went down to the Valley to take care of Jennifer and Josh's house and dogs. It was a lot hotter down there then up where we live, but they have a pool, so it was okay. We got to see Melanie, and her new puppy, Harley. We had fun swimming (2 to 3 times a day) and watching TV. We even got some sweets to snack on. The babies were pretty good, but they did get fussy a lot.
   Then on the 22nd, we were on craigslist looking at cages for parakeets. We found this one, very pretty, blue, baby male parakeet. We called on him and asked if we could come and see him. The lady told us "yes" and that she also had a green one if we were interested. And cages. So, we packed the kids into the car, and were on our way. It only took about ten minutes to get there. When we walked in the door, the two birds were in their cage with a small bag of food, ready to go. The lady said, "Okay here they are. Would you like me to trim their wings for you?" It was funny because I had told her on the phone that we were just looking. But I loved them, so I talked with her about prices, and asked for a different cage, (Because she had a lot for sale and I didn't like the one that they came with) So I got a large black cage, and two baby parakeets! It cost me 55 dollars, but the cage came with perches, and was very big, so I think it was a good deal. 
The green one is a girl and the blue one is a boy

This is the cage(it's not a great picture)

I think they are beautiful, and I'm very happy with them. I haven't decided on any names for them yet, but will soon.
I'm happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment